BLACK 2.0 - The world’s mattest, flattest, black art material
This is the most pigmented, flattest, mattest, black acrylic paint in the world.
It has been developed in close collaboration with thousands of artists from all over the world. Their amazing insight, support and inspiration has formed this unique super-black paint for the benefit of all artists*
The first version of BLACK was created by artist Stuart Semple in close collaboration with color chemists, specialists from the cosmetics industry and architectural coatings experts. It’s foundation is Stuart’s ‘Super-Base’ which enables this paint to hold more pigment than any other whilst drying to an anti-reflective, super flat finish.
Thanks to the amazing artistic community, BLACK has been totally reformulated.
- Simply the best flat, matt, black paint on the planet.
- Unique acrylic co-polymer binder enables more pigment load than any other acrylic paint
- Developed for artists by artists
- State of the art mattifyers reduce light reflection
- Top class lightfastness
- Exceptional coverage and adhesion - even on shiny surfaces (some may require a second coat)
- Non Toxic
- Cold to touch
- Black cherry scented
- Priced at what it costs to make
- Shippable worldwide
- Not available to Anish Kapoor
VERSION 2.0 updates & fixes (an even better black)
- New pigment mix - significantly blacker when dry
- Mattifiers updated - less color tinting
- Pre-mixed - just one bottle, ready to use acrylic paint with the perfect base to pigment ratio
- More affordable - we’ve sourced more affordable ingredients
- Some users reported base solidifying in transit - this has been fixed
- Can be thinned with water to achieve ink-like flows with little color loss
- Can be thinned with water to create dyes
With just one coat almost any object (even really shiny ones) become super-black and reflect next to no light, giving a Vantastic black hole type effect.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE: this is not the blackest black in the world. It is however a better black than the blackest black in the world as it is actually usable by artists.
*Except Anish Kapoor
HOW TO USE:
Nothing complicated, just use it like a paint. Brush, roller or thin with water to spray.
Share what you did on instagram with hashtag: #ShareTheBlack
Health & Safety - Don’t get it in your eyes! Don’t eat or drink it even though it smells yummy. Have fun but treat it with respect.
- - - -
*Note: By adding this product to your cart you confirm that you are not Anish Kapoor, you are in no way affiliated to Anish Kapoor, you are not purchasing this item on behalf of Anish Kapoor or an associate of Anish Kapoor. To the best of your knowledge, information and belief this material will not make it's way into the hands of Anish Kapoor.
Regular price £93.00 Sale price £79.99